Coolant Temperature Sensor - 97 SL2

Can I change this w/o draining any coolant? If I am quick with a cool engine, I think that only a couple of ounces will leak out. Any thoughts? Thanks, Scott

Reply to
machado

This should would for a cold engine.

Reply to
<mcben

With a cool enginer Yes...

I have done it many times.. just make sure your new sensor is ready with the seal and tephlon tape ready..

Reply to
Joe Biadasz

if you have everything ready you will loose only about a cup or two of water. I just changed mine in a 92 sl2. This sensor will cause your mileage to drop way down if bad. Mine was getting around 16 mpg. It causes the ox sensor to read about .9 volts like it is in the open loop all the time. I have 172000 on the clock

Reply to
Bozo