CORRECTION

... I drove the front end over a CURB, which made a loud scraping sound. ...

While parking my 98 SL manual in a lot, pointing downward, I drove the front > end over the a, which made a loud scraping sound. I then backed up, which > made even more noise. > > Now the front bumper on the passenger side is hanging about 1" off from > where it meets the body, and inside the wheel well, facing front, it is > broken apart horizontally, all the way across, about midway down. The bumper > itself, what you see when facing the front of the car, is intact. It seems > to just be the connection that is broken, but I'm not able to push it back > in place. > > How many parts are involved here, what are they called? I can't find > anything that seems to relate in either the Chilton's or Haynes. Looking for > parts, I've seen thing called Bumper Assembly, Bumper Guard, Bumper > Reinforcement. Which of these is it, and what is that part inside the wheel > well? > > Thanks all. > >
Reply to
Richard