dash rattle

My 2001 SL2 has been great . .. virtually no problems. However, last summer I noticed that there was a rattle coming from the front-centre of the dash area, right around the middle of the defroster vents. It is most notable over even minor bumps . . . and sometimes even at idle. I took it to the local dealer since it was still under warranty, but they said that they could find no problem. The problem was still there under certain circumstances but the cooler (colder) weather reduced it significantly.

Now, months later, it's warming up and the rattle is back worse then ever. I never put anything on the dash so I know that it's not something that's fallen into the vent. What really sucks is that now my standard warranty has expired. Should the dealer still cover this since they obviously dropped the ball last year? Any ideas as to what could be the cause of the problem?

Thanks

Jeff

Reply to
Jocko