SL dies, long live the new Ion

Well my '94 SL bit the big one on Tuesday, it needed a lot of little things, I put this off as I didn't want to invest in a lot in repairs in a high milage car, so I had been looking around anyway. My first new car was the SL. Tuesday something major went, a rod or a bearing- something BIG in the engine, upon start it rattled like hell, like it had no oil in it, but dipstick read full, it barely ran, the banging incresed with rpm, smell of oil, oh yes- the big death rattle. At 162,000 I can't complain, NEVER a major problem, never a major repair. So I got another; basic Saturn, '04 Ion 1, nice, inexpensive, practical, little car, fun to drive. Should scoot along nicely with 140hp and a five-speed. Any Ion1 owners, tell me how do you like yours ??? The old one was Plum, the new one is Silver, I pick it up Friday. E

Reply to
EDeneen

Congrats! I have an '04 ION3 and really like it. Having 2 SL's, this one is really a unique and fun to drive car. Only 7,000 miles but looking forward to many more!

Safe motoring to ya! Speez

Reply to
Speez

Reply to