Driver side door won't open

My sister has a 1993 SL2 and the driver side door won't open from the inside or out. The lock seems like it works but the handle acts like it is locked all the time. I basically destroyed the door panel trying to get if off without successfully removing it but I did peel it back enough to notice a metal skin that covers the workings of the door, is there a way to remove the door panel with the door closed as well as the metal skin? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Reply to
321zyx

No you can not get the inner or outer skin off until the door is open. Your latch is broken. You need to take a long screw driver down the back edge of the window to the top of the latch. Make sure it is on the white part of the lacth. Hit it with a hammer until you brake the lacth. The door will open.

Have Fun

321zyx wrote:
Reply to
parts