Driver Side Power Window

Is it easy to replace the driver side window motor in a 92 sl2? Or does anyone have any experience with power windows?

Reply to
Andrew Stone via CarKB.com

I just replaced my drivers door window motor about 2 months ago. Not a bad job, but it will take some time. You will need one special tool to remove the regulator from the door glass. Check here for some pics...

Also one thing different about the Saturn, you remove the motor/regulator from the outside of the door, not like the typical car. But really it is easier once you get the door skin off.

I looked at an aftermarket motor, NO WAY. I went with the Saturn OEM for just under $80. You get the regulator and motor as an assembly.

James

Reply to
James1549

Is it possible to remove it without that special tool? I have a buddy at an auto part store that can use his discount and get me a motor for $60.

Reply to
Andrew S via CarKB.com

If you get just the 'motor' without the regulator, then you should be fine without the tool. For $20 more, I would get the complete assembly at Saturn. James

Reply to
James1549