Drug users targeting Saturns

No more listening to hardware store guys and Saturn salesmen. The generic keys runs the car just fine. The shop manual is not particularly clear, but I am certain Robert is correct. The keys don't include resistors or chips or whatever in the case of vehicles with Passlock II security. Seems like a half ass system to me. I guess it guarantees the lock cylinder must be turned to start the car, but it doesn't seem to be nearly as good as systems that depend on keys with RFID devices or even keys with unique resistor codes.

Regards,

Ed White

"C. E. White" wrote:

Reply to
C. E. White

And don't cost $100 (or more) to make a duplicate key either. I am a technologist, but I much prefer the traditional key any day.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Shuman

My last Ford PATS key cost $15 to buy, have cut and programmed (of course I programmed it myself).

Regards,

Ed White

Reply to
C. E. White

Obviously Saturns are targeted by thieves because Saturn's parts are constantly breaking down and need to be repleced and there's good money in SATURN WORKING PARTS (an oxymoron):

Moral of the story: When buying a Saturn- ask them if they would supply an extra engine, ball joints, tie rods, stab links, muffler straps, etc. etc at slight extra cost.

Reply to
misterfact