EGR valve: How dependable?

I have read many a post where people talk about problems with the EGR valve. When I bought my 95 SW1 32,000 miles ago the EGR looked brand new. When I was in the junk yard today, I saw a 95 with a pretty clean looking EGR, so I grabbed it. I had a few items (non Saturn related), it was $15 for the lot of it.

It looks like they are fairly easy to clean and keep going. Having a spare on hand will guarantee that I will never need it.

-David

Reply to
David Teichholtz