Engine Cranks but Does not Fire--Fuse Box according to the dealer?

Ok my wife's 93 Saturn was running relatively good, she complained that it would stall out occassionally. She had the car parked all day...came out of work and the engine would crank but not fire. Had the car towed to a Saturn Dealership...... Their vedict the fuse box had shorted and it cost over $800 to get the car back on the road... I think they pretty much took full advantage of the situation. At $90 an hour labor rate... it took them 2 hours + troubleshooting the problem and another 2 to replace the fuse box which was another $325. First I have never heard of a fuse box going bad, Second it took them 2 hours to trouble shoot a short circuit which according to them killed all power to the fuse box and third 2 hours to replace a box which has 4 bolts and a plug connector? These guys are rip offs to the nth degree.

Reply to
JGK

wavy