Gas mileage on recent model Accords ?

Can anyone with a recent model 4-cylinder Accord .. say from 1997 Accord to 2005 Accord, tell me what kind of gas mileage do you really get ? Honda claims Camry's give 24mpg (city) and 29 mpg (hwy) for

4-cylinder cars. Is this what you 'really' get ?

Thanks

Reply to
techtrainer61

My 98 Camry 4 banger gets 28 mpg (60% highway).

Reply to
Bad Bob

I have a 99 Accord EX (4 cyld). I get 23 miles per gallon on trips (mostly freeway driving). The

website states that I should get 30 miles per gallon on trips.

I have never measured my gas mileage related to city driving (aka stop and go).

Reply to
Jason

I rented a Camry about a year ago and drove it for a full week. It easily got 24+ mpg about town. I was impressed. Another rental I was impressed with MPG was a Saturn.

Reply to
Bubba

I have a 2001 V6 Accord that returns around 28-33 mpg in town, and has given me 44 mpg (as the highest) on the highway. Bear in mind that I am speaking in Imperial measure.

Why would Honda be making claims about Camrys? {;^)

Brian

Reply to
Brian Smith

Boy, that seems low.

My '03 V-6 Accord gives me 28-30 mpg on highway trips with 75mph speeds and the A/C on. Mixed around town driving returns 21-26mpg depending on my driving mix.

John

Reply to
John Horner

Uh, Camry is a Toyota :).

I have a V-6 '03 Accord which EPA wise should be a little worse that the

  1. Mixed local driving gives me 22-26mpg depending on the driving mix. Highway driving with 70-75mph cruising speeds and the A/C running returns 28-30 mpg. All US gallons.

John

Reply to
John Horner

03 4-cyl/manual Summer 27 mpg mostly suburban, 32+ highway (~70 mph w/climate control on) Winter about 2 mpg less with the 'special' blend we get in New England Worst ever about 23 mpg in winter with a lot of slow going

Dave

Reply to
harrison
4-cyl '04 sedan auto: 27+ around town; 32 or better so straight highway 75 mph (which was just one 230 mile round trip, and it included 60+ miles of in-town driving).
Reply to
Howard Lester

On 5/17/2005 4:47 PM snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com spake these words of knowledge:

'03 Accord, 4 cylinder automatic

27.89 mpg through just over 60,000 miles - most of those were on the highway, but most of 'em were at 85 mph, too.

RFT!!! Dave Kelsen

Reply to
Dave Kelsen

My 2002 Accord 4 cylinder got about 24 city and 29 highway, I now have a

2005 Accord 4 cylinder which gets about 27 city and 32 highway.

Reply to
Jay A

My 2005 Accord v6 gets very similar numbers.

Reply to
Brian Stell

2003 4 cyl automatic = 29 mpg combined city/highway (about 50/50), drops to 27 mpg in winter.

Bob

Reply to
rjdriver
2004 accord 4-cylinder EX w/auto. transmission purchased 3/04. 13,000 miles on it so far. In suburbia driving, we got:

25.69 MPG in 2004

25.07 MPG so far in 2005

location: Minneapolis

rpm

Reply to
onerpm

Based on the replies here, you are probably driving like 100 mph on the highway to get this kind of low gas mileage.

Reply to
Pierce

I had to drive thru a couple of small cities on the trip. I guess if I had not spent any time at any stop signs or traffic lights--my mileage would have been much better. I geneally drive about 5 mph above the posted speed limit.

Reply to
Jason

Have you checked your tire pressure?

Reply to