Headlight chimes on a Vue.

Hoping someone can help me on this one. I just got a Saturn Vue a bit over a month ago and just found out that the thing has no headlight chimes. If you don't turn out the lights, there's no warning and you wind up with a dead battery. Called the dealership and he essentially said, "Oh, yeah. Some of them don't have those. And you can't add them on later."

Great. If I had known, I wouldn't have bought the thing. I'm going to have them look it over to see if it's supposed to have the chime, but if it doesn't it looks like I'm stuck with it.

So now I have two questions: Do some of them really come without chimes? If so, can they be added?

Any help would be appreciated.

Reply to
jaywalk57

"Oh, yeah. Some of them don't have those. And you can't add them on later."

Im not sure how to check if thats a fact or not. It might help if we knew the year.

Something that it should do however is "auto off" any lights in 15min or less. The auto off is is fairly common for GM vehicles now though I dont know much about Vues.

Reply to
blah blah

Do you have the original radio? Seems to me that some Saturns use the radio for the chimes....

Ed

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Reply to
C. E. White