Help checking the lower engine mount and using jack stands and hydraulic jack???

Either I get some help from you guys or I go to a shop and have it done. I think I can check the top mount myself. I just need to swing by a hardware store and get a 15mm deep socket. I did a run-through of the procedure last weekend (jacking up the car, etc). The creaking noise is worrysome. I just need to know what is involved in checking the lower engine mount. My Haynes manual doesn't give all the steps. I guess removing the tire and removing all that tire well paneling is necessary?

Speaking of jacking up the car.... What is the proper use of jack stands and hydraulic jacks on a 99 SC1? My car has a soft coating on the underneath (some sort of rust proofing?) and I'd like to not damage it if at all possible. I'd like some guidance on using a hydraulic jack (can't stand that 'screwy' Saturn jack) and jack stands. So, some tips please? Placement is what I'm getting at here.

Thanks dudes!

Reply to
Ken Very Big Liar