jacks and jack stands

Hey all, I'm thinking of doing some more mechanical work on my cars and had some success changing motor mounts and plugs but never been under the car.

Anyone have recommendation on size of jacks and jackstands? I'd like one set to be used on both our XC90 (04) and V70 (02). I see some 2 tons, which I assume can handle the weight but how high do they need to be? I seen pictures with 2X4's but would prefer to keep this as simple as possible....

thanks!

Reply to
Gaute

John Robertson