Help for Plugs on L-Series V6?

How do you get at the sparkplugs to change them?

Reply to
rufus

The intake manifold plenum has to come off to reach the rear plugs. Those hose clamps holding the air tubing need a special tool to remove. You can use regular hose clamps on reinstallation.

Reply to
TC

Yeah, I was wondering that too. Start by getting a set of the female Torx drivers to remove the plenum bolts. I got my set from Lisle for about $30.

From what I see, the plenum comes off and then the coil over plug modules (one on each cylinder bank) are removed to get access to the plugs. Tag all wires and hoses so you can get them back where they belong. Soak the plug threads with penetrating fluid before you try to remove them. Probably need a plenum gasket set to put it back together again too. I've got to invest in the factory service manual still. Guessing can get expensive...

Reply to
Oppie