Need urgent help

I have camry 2000 - 4 cly Automatic transmission- yesterday i was checking the A/C and the technical pressed the gas pedal while it was on Parking mode till the RPM reached to 6000. he gave his report about the A/C. when i tried ti drive the car and move it it didnt move like before. what i noticed that the gear is running on speed number three and four that is why the car losing its power in start up driving. i thought that it maybe the gear oil filter. then today i changed the filter and gear oil but nothing changed?????? please help me cause my friends told me that maybe the gear is damaged and i have to change it all... is it true??? revers mode is oky with car power in starting up. it seems like i lost the speeds number 1& number 2 and my car starting with third speed when i try to drive it on D mode.if i moved the gear stick to L mode it is working but i have to return it to D back again to move to next speed. please give your advices.....thanks

Reply to
Nubian

Free revving a four cylinder or 6 cyl to 6000 would not cause any damage normally. It maybe however, the automatic transmission oil-pump, which is driven from the engine not the roadwheels, may have burst a seal. This is an opinion only. What is more likely is that the vacuum modulator hose may have collapsed or popped off during the technician's AC work. Notify them something is wrong. They should repair any problems.

Jason

Reply to
Jason James

It's what you might expect if the kickdown wire is stretched, broken or too loose.

Reply to
jg

Just a thought but have you looked at your motor and trans mounts somthing may have shifted Good Luck

Reply to
Onyxmayor

============================= Please excuse me for suggesting this, but I've had many experiences with mechanics not quite getting things right, - maybe after runing the engine up to redline searching for a fault, he "accidently" disconnected the solenoid wire at the transmission case. The transmission is shifted electronically, so if you're suddenly not getting the first two gears, I'd check the electrical connections first.

Reply to
Daniel