how to replace serpentine belt only SL2?

We have a new to us 98 SL2 on which the serpentine belt just cracked and split. We think that the tensioner is fine, but need to replace the serpentine belt. The previous owner did not provide a manual, and we are stuck. Any advice or instructions would be greatly appreciated.

snipped-for-privacy@jhu.edu

Reply to
sadhya

Spend $15-20, buy a Haynes or Chilton service manual and follow the instructions.

Ken (MI)

Reply to
Napalm Heart

It is very easy to replace. Jack up the right side of the car. Remove the right front wheel. This gives excellent access the to tensioner. The old SC2 that I work on doesn't have any kind of wheel well to take out. I'm not sure about others. With a 9/16 or 14mm wrench on the bolt on the front of the tensioner pully, rotate it clockwise and slip the belt off. Work your new belt on the same way. A 20 minute job.

Reply to
Bill