Install air conditioning in a 1997 Saturn SL2?

Hi. I just bought a '97 SL2 from a friend (100,000 miles) for $1000. I love it so far. However, it doesn't have the air conditioning option. Any ideas if it's possible to have a Saturn dealer install an AC unit, and if so, how much I should expect to pay?

Thanks!

Roy

Reply to
Roy

used parts will set you back about $5-600. labor will be 5 or so hours (more on both if the car never had A/C)

Reply to
Kevin

It is always better and cheaper to buy any vehicle already equipped with all needed or desired features. Anything mechanical can be performed with enough money. I doubt that a dealer will want to perform this change and suspect that it would be VERY expensive due to both the wiring and control and other changes required. IMHO it would only be feasible as a DIY project IF you had a (free) donor car with working components. I WOULD NEVER PURCHASE ANY CAR THAT HAD THIS UPGRADE INSTALLED.

The good thing is that you will save money on fuel. (If you do nothing.)

YMMV

Reply to
Private