just bought a '95 SL

with only 75,000, it's a great little car, my first Saturn. I am 5'8" why do they make the seats sooooooo low. A pillow helps but if the pillow was bigger my head would touch the roof. I've been asking in junk yards for the adjustable seat but they're all in "bad shape". Also been asking for the roof drip moldings, none. They're made by "Ventshade" but I can't navigate their site. A Saturn dealer wants $47 for one. Any advice? TIA Elaine

Reply to
Elaine again ^,,^

I guess you got an SL1 w/o the adjustable dial to raise/lower your seat? I would check with 6th Planet Auto Parts, Joey can save you time and money. They specialize in only used Saturn parts and he will get you nice clean seats.

The ventshade you cna order at JCWhitney.com or request a catalog.

marx404

marx404

Elaine, Replace two rear bolts that hold the driver seat with longer ones, using whole bunch of washers (or using large diameter nuts as spacers). I did it to my SL. Bolts are very tight, so you may need to spray them with something like PB Blaster and let it soak for a while. Hope this helps.

Reply to
Jerry

Thanks alot Jerry, good idea. I have another idea, put giant size tires on the SaturnSL1 and that would raise the whole car. HA Here's is a pic of my car as it was advertised in 'the AutoTrader', for only $1499.

Elaine again ^,,^

Thank you Marx, I presume you work at Saturn in Stuart, Fl.? I'm not too far, in No. Miami. They say Saturns don't rust, just what we need here in humid Florida. I'm going to those two places you suggested. :)

Reply to
Elaine again ^,,^

Wow, you got a good deal!

Reply to
dk

I went to the Hollywood, FL salesman after seeing it in the AutoTrader, got to the place and saw the car right in front with $2200 painted on the windshield. So I told him I saw it for $1499, he HAD to sell it to me for the advertised price. There was a '93 5 speed there too, that was supposed to be $1499, human error. I was so lucky.:)

Reply to
Elaine again ^,,^

I had a '94, most reliable car I've owned. Never had a problem with almost No maintenance for 168,000 miles. Keep your eye on the dipstick. E

Reply to
EDeneen

Thanks I've been told that often.

Reply to