latest Saturn Horror Story

Re: Saturn of Grand Rapids.

After taking my 2004 L300 Saturn into Saturn of GR for an oil change and tire rotation, I was told that my front craddle bushings were separating and had to be replaced

(after only 37,400 miles). I was told by the Service Advisor that this was a common occurrence, due to driving over bad roads. I have owned 3 other Saturns prior to this one and have never had to replace suspension bushings on any of them (over 100K miles on each car). The driving I do is 90% freeway/interstate; I don't drive over back country, washboard roads. The regular 36,000 mile Saturn warranty had just expired but the problem had to have started long before this and should have been fully covered under the 36K warranty. I was told I would have to pay the $100 deductible under my extended warranty, for which I paid about $1,500 to cover 100K miles. These people wouldn't consider absorbing the deductible themselves and I told them that this doesn't speak well for Saturn reliabilty and if a car starts falling apart after only 37K miles, I don't think I will buy another Saturn. My first 3 were pretty good cars but the later models are just plain junk, in my opinion and Saturn of GR isn't any better than most other U.S. car dealerships (liars and crooks). "Saturn...a different kind of car company." Yeah...right!

STEVE ALLEN

snipped-for-privacy@dcma.mil

Don't expect to receive any necessary information about your car from Saturn of Grand Rapids. The only thing I ever received from them were so-called "Great Offers" to buy another lemon from them!

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com

Reply to
misterfact

On Thu, 20 Apr 2006 09:46:26 -0700, misterfact took a five-minute break from flipping burgers to boot the etch-a-sketch and scribble out:

models are just plain

Boy, sucks to be you, Stevie!

Reply to
PerfectReign

I biught an SL in 1996. I chose the American make over a Honda or Toyota because Consumer Reports rated the Saturn's reliabilty on par with the best of Japan. CR gave it poor marks for engine noise and too large turning circle, but I chose it anyways to support an American company and US workers.

The car was and is still good. Why Saturn couldn't keep it up and compete with the Japanese I don't know, but I would never buy one of the new models. Why? When you can go buy a Japanese car that will give you far better reliability and cost less to operate in the long run.

When I pull into the Saturn dealer for parts in my trusty old SL, the salesmen pounce on me to see if I want to but a new one, and I always tell them "You guys don't make a good car anymore, so I'll have to keep driving this one"

My wife has owned two Dodge minivans in the last decade and both fell apart at the 80-100K mile mark. A/C leaks, oil leaks, tranny leaks, electrical problems, power windows falling out, etc.

The Grand Caravan she just got rid of had so much crap wrong with it that I refused to fix it, and we traded it in on a Toyota Sienna van. I will never, ever again buy a car that is not as reliable at a Japanese car.

It looked like Saturn was going to do it, but they f**k'd it up.

Larry

Reply to
Larry G.

Has anyone compared the price of an extended warranty for Saturns compared to other cars?

Certainly if something is more likely to go wrong with Saturns compared to say, Hondas or Toyotas- the cost of the Saturn extended warranty ought to be higher.

I would think that cost of an extended warranty for a car is a good indication of its quality- the lower the cost, the better the quality.

Reply to
misterfact