No start

1999 SW2 was running fine-got full tank of gas on Sunday night, and didn't use the car until Tuesday night. Went to start the car, and the engine just cranked. I noticed that the fuel tank gauge was not moving. Later in the evening, I checked the 10 amp fuse (lowest amp should blow first) and it was ok. I tried starting the car again, and it started to catch. I pulled out the fuel pump relay but you can't tell anything by just looking at it and reinserted it. When I tried starting the car again, it cranked right up. The fuel gauge took a couple of seconds but it also worked. I noticed that when I shut the engine down and turned the ignition back on right away, the fuel gauge responded instantly. But if I left the ignition off for a minute or so, when I turned the key to Acc, it took the fuel gauge about 3 or 4 seconds to respond. I don't know if any of this is pertinent, but with electronics all tied together I wanted to tell all.

Now the car is starting fine, but the 'check engine light' is on. I am bringing it over to get the code read, but would like to get any imput as to what could be wrong.

I am not comfortable letting my wife and kids use the car until I know what happened.

Thanks for the help

Reply to
Lee3333

I hit refresh to see if my question posted, and it resubmitted it self. Sorry

Reply to
Lee3333

The code should help. Right now we would be shooting in the dark. Relays however are pretty simple especially since a vast majority of GM's relays have diagrams on them. Though you need a meter and some jumper wires to check them...

Reply to
Blah Blah