OBD II Troubleshooting tips

Group,

Below is link that I have found very interesting in explaining OBDII and all the sensors. You can subscribe by going to:

Blind Saturn Driver

Reply to
Blind Saturn Driver

I subscribe to the 'free information' which comes out as a mailing every two weeks or so. There has been some good information in them, not just marketing from AutoTap.

There is also a tech library.

I was hoping to get a scan tool that would have some ability to cycle actuators rather than just read values. The autotap is a read only device and can only reset the DTCs (diagnostic trouble codes). Still it is one of the better user interfaces I've seen. The tools that can actually reprogram the controllers are model and year specific, costing thousands. If you change an intake or exhaust system drastically from stock, make sure that you can get someone (Saturn) to retune the performance again.

The AutoTap interface to a PDA is rather popular as the PDA can be secured to the dash panel with a bracket and be used as an extended dashboard.

Oppie

Reply to
Oppie