...on to a new chapter.

Well, sadly I did not replace my 97SL2 with another Saturn. I got an import truck with a V8, 5-spd autobox and a limited slip rear end. The buying experience for the most part sucked compared to the Saturn experience (which has been my best to date).

Reply to
Jonnie Santos

A V8, Jonnie!?! Well, say hello to the pumps again, and again and again...lol. Im gonna guess a Tundra or something close, right? lol. Well, as a suggestion, I hope that you will keep an SL or something as a second car. ;-) Regular gas has gone up to $2.15 here. Thanx for the help and contributions to this board.

marx404

Reply to
marx404

Times change and so it goes. I used to be an active poster in the Chrysler NG when I had a voyager. Now I hardly ever go to that group anymore.

Been great bouncing stuff off you and reading your comments. Good luck with your new truck. Stop back now and then just to let us know how things are going. Don't be a stranger just 'cause you don't have a Saturn anymore. Oppie

ps- my son just bought a silverado 2500 series with 6L engine for his new business. For the first time we both have GM vehicles. That thing is huge but it hauls. (unfortunate that the diesel only comes as a package with the Allison transmission which is out of the price range now)

Reply to
Oppie

Consumer Reports liked the Silverado (I was only looking a 1/2 ton models) and the Tundra, I opted for the latter. Pushing 5000 lbs around is certainly different that a 2400 lb SL2 - however the 4.7L is doing something like 282 hp/325 lbs and it scoots - but I digress.

Best of luck.

Reply to
Jonnie Santos