performance spark plug and wires

i have a 2002 sc2......doesnt anyone recommend a way or brand to upgrade the type of spark plugs in car????

Reply to
Momesso

Yes, I have the same car. You already have NGK's in your car, but upgrading to either the NGK Platinum or Iridium series will make a slight but noticeable difference. Most ppl also use Magnagore wires and MSD coils.

Your local parts store will have the plugs, but you will have to shop around for the wires and coils as most performance parts for the SC2 ended in '99 for some odd reason. But - many '99 parts can be used on a '02 SC2, the wires for instance.

Happy motoring! marx404

Reply to
marx404

I see other Saturn owners that have wires such as SPS 8.0or 8.5 mm plug wires. What are the advantages & diadvantages of this ugrade?

Reply to
Momesso

Advantages - lighter wallet makes car slightly faster.

Disadvantages - lighter wallet.

Reply to
Philip Nasadowski

I've been through a bunch of different wires and plugs (details on all of them are on my website). Despite what all the manufacturer claims say, there will be no gains from them on a naturally aspirated Saturn motor (stock, or with performance bolt-ons) unless your current ones aren't performing properly. So find some that make the engine compartment look nice at least.

Lane [ lane (at) evilplastic.com ]

Reply to
Lane