Break at flex pipe

This bites my butt...the header pipe broke at the downstream end of the flex pipe and the damned thing looks brand new. Muffler shop and my indy MB guy says they can't be fixed.

JD

Reply to
JD

You need a new one.

Reply to
Karl

Is it really is like brand new, as opposed to just looking like it, but really being shot from the inside? If it is like new, I don't see why it can't be welded back together. They have welds from the factory. But I don't see why one that was in good condition with the metal all there, would just snap off. Those pipes are fairly heavy metal, when new.

Not clear what year, model, etc. I got a MB OEM one from Rusty for my

80 300SD for $180. Given that price, it's probably not be worth it to fool around with it.
Reply to
trader4

Three muffler shops told me that welding the flex pipe won't fly, it's too thin. The assembly for my '92 300D is about the same price, not worth doinking around with. Seems that the elegant solution would be to put a flange on the downstream end of the flex pipe. Thanks.

JD

Reply to
JD