Re: ION Question...

We just got an ION-3 Quad Coupe a few days ago. It has a factory sunroof. The liner aft of the sunroof appears to be quite firm and well-supported. A little more than two inches behind the back end of the sunroof opening is the front end of the dome light and the liner is countoured around the dome light assembly, but it's firm and well-supported everywhere.

Bill K.

A question that hopefully someone can answer here... > > > We recently bought a new ION 2 as it was a bigger car and more family > friendly than the SC2 we had before. When we bought it, the sunroof > package was not an option unless we had a "dealer installed" one, which was > the same price. > > We opted for it and just had it done this week and it looks great and I > think they did a good job on the install. My only concern is that I didn;t > notice how the inside roof liner was before. > > My question is this...is there just very little roof support behind the > liner? Or is this a result of the sunroof being installed? Maybe someone > who has a factory roof might know as well? > > The roof doen't really look any different inside, just the liner has me a > bit concerned...I have seen many a VW and Saab roof liner desintegrate > because they were loose fitting on the roof and the sunroof was open. > > Thanks for any info...
Reply to
William E. Krantz, Jr.

Unfortunatly that is what I was afraid of.

I mean..it is not awkward looking by any means, and they did a very professional job. The roof is identical to the factory one (actually I believe it is the same as the factory one), and I know that they have to cut out a few areas to fit the roof and the slider and all, but I would think there would be some sort of support left there.

Thanks for the info...I think I will call them tomorrow and see what they say.

Reply to
solo

Understood...but this is the roof panel and headliner from the sunroof back..all the way to the back of the car.

All is resolved now as the dealer looked at it and offered that I could return the car under 1500 miles or 30 days.

I decided that since I would not have purchased the car with an aftermarket sunroof had I known, I decided to use the differentce in the cost of the A/M sunroof and upgraded to the ION3

So all is well ;)

Thanks for the info...

Reply to
solo