Re: Saturn Security System

"Dan Morris" wrote in news:JB_Ma.50$ snipped-for-privacy@news01.roc.ny:

> I bought a used '99 saturn SC2 that came with the remote key fobs for > locking and unlocking the doors. If I read the owners manual > correctly, as long as the car came with the remotes it should also > have the Saturn Security System providing an anti-theft feature and a > starter disable feature. I have tried activating the security system > in both the active and passive modes according to the manual and > nothing happens. Is it possible the previous owner had the system > disabled? Did all Saturns with the remote key fobs also have the > Security System? > >

The Saturn security system is a passive horn system. When enabled (by pressing the key fob door lock button twice), the horn will honk continually if a thief opens, and later closes a door, or attempts to start the car. My remotes died years ago (And Saturn wanted 50 bucks each for new ones), so I may be slightly off as to how the system works.

Reply to
Jef

I had a '96 SL1 with keyless entry but no security system.

--Nan

Reply to
nblomgren

Resync the key fobs.

Standing next to the car, hold the lock and the unlock buttons both down at the same time for several seconds.

When the car honks several times, that key fob is synchronized. Do this with all the fobs.

Reply to
Kirk Kohnen