Rear window defogger

Buyer beware........is not a joke. Just discovered while having tint put on my recently acquired 02,Sc2 that it had apparently had tint on it before, and that whoever had removed it had damaged the rear window defogger. Anyone have any ideas or experience on repair/replacement and costs? Thanks

Reply to
et_at_home1

It really depends on where and how it is damaged. If the element is just "scratched through" in a couple of places, it's probably worth your time to try to fix it with conductive epoxy/paint. If continuity is broken in a number of places then it might be better to just replace the rear window and get a new element entirely.

Cheers,

Reply to
Ritz

I had a single "wire" on an old car get damaged removing a very old inside sticker. I lived with it, although on very cold days, I had a frost bar that didn't defrost till the car was warm. Bothered me.

Well I was told later, auto stores have a repair kit. Call around for it. It was explained you mask off around the 'wires' and then paint the cuts. Removed the masking tape, and like new.

Now I've never used it, but was told they do work, if you take your time.

hth,

tom @

Tom The Great