Replacing 97 SC2 Thermostat

I noted my daughters '97 SCII 4 Cyl temp is just barely getting up to the

1/4 mark (and not putting out a lot of heat) & I suspect the thermostat needs to be replaced. Can someone tell me where it's located on that car?

By the way, I just replaced the original front rotors and pads at 181K miles. Thanks. Jim H.

-- Message posted using

information at

jimhigh66

Well, I'm not sure how different the 97 is my car but on my 92 Saturn, the thermostat was mounted on the bottom of the block where the lower rad hose comes in. You just need to disconnect the hose, loosen the two bolts and off you go. Just be sure you have a pan waiting to catch all the coolant that will start pouring from the block.

Alex

Reply to
navaidstech

Tnx. Shortly after the posting someone emailed the info. Yes, it is on the block INLET (years ago they were always on the outlet). The job is no picknic because of the air conditioning compressor and a coolant hose being in the way but I've tackled much harder jobs.

-- Message posted using

information at

jimhigh66