Replacing e-brake mechanism

It would seem as though the ebrake mechanism is beginning to strip on my stickshift 95 SC2(no ABS - drum rears). I haven't even looked at it yet, has anyone fixed this before? How annoying is it?

Reply to
BANDIT2941

What do you mean " beginning to strip" ?

Reply to
<mcben

I had the button on the end of the lever come apart on my 97 - dealer repaired.

Reply to
Jonnie Santos

...sounds like the little plastic piece inside the lever that lock into the teeth.

Reply to
Jonnie Santos

Does it fell like the spring that engages the teeth is still there? If so, then it is beginning to be stripped.

Reply to
<mcben

The lever in my '96 wouldn't hold. I got a good one from Joey. Not that bad to replace it.

Ken

dealer

Reply to
Napalm Heart

Yeah it does. I figure I'll just order a new one from Joey when I feel like replacing it.......

Reply to
BANDIT2941