Electric Window Mechanism in 2000 E-Class

Hi,

Hoping that someone can help.

I have a 2000 E280 Saloon, where the rear RHS window mechanism has become faulty. It seems that whilst winding the window upwards, the mechanism for some reason became stuck, causing the cable to snap and become entangled in the motor/regulator mechanism.

Upon removing the door panel, I also spotted a small piece of white plastic lying inside the door; clearly it has broken off somewhere.

Basic questions:

  1. Has anyone repaired one of these and do you know what bits are required, i.e. what parts can be bought and what 'items' come together?
  2. Is the work reasonably straight forward? I spotted a few rivits holding the vertical bar inside the door - I assume these will need to be repaired.
  3. How is the window glass itself attached to the mechanism?

Any help would be much appreciated.

I initially went to a Merc dealer who didn't seem to have the time to even talk to me, never mind give me a quote.

Thanks, Shamaz

Reply to
Shamaz

This is a well-known problem in the E-class rear windows. You might want to contact your dealership about this and see if they will handle it under goodwill / warranty. I have heard that replacing the regulator isn't all that hard, so if they won't handle it the part itself is about $75USD.

Josh

Reply to
Josh