Replacing speakers on 96 SL

Ok seriously, this is just a vent.

Could there be a worse way to design the door panels???

I also have a civic, the speaker covers just come right off, and then snap back in, no need to take the whole darn door arpart to put in speakers.

My g/f just bought this car, the speakers in it were blown. Now I know why the person before her just left them blown.

Well I am off to unhook my door handel so I can finish putting speakers in this car. What a POS design!

Reply to
Brandon Scarbrough

I am not sure on your '96, but my '92 has grilles that pop right out and you can replace a speaker within minutes. At first glance the speaker grilles look like they part of the door, but are seperate. James

Brand> Ok seriously, this is just a vent.

Reply to
James1549

Designed by the same people who put the oil filter horizontal and over top of the axle, and installed the trunk latch upside down to gurantee the most damage when you try to slide something into and out of the trunk.

Reply to
Steve

I wish the speaker grills were seperate, that would have been nice. The '96 SL looks like it has speaker grills, but everything on the door panel is connected.

I wish Itook pictures of the things when I had them off, and the steps to get them back on.

Basically you have to take the door handels off, including the cabels that open the door. That sounds easy enough, but trust me unless you have some tiny hands this process is a mess.

After hours of messing with this the door panels are back on.

If one of these speakers blows, I will tell my g/f to change the balance on her radio and just use the rear speakers!

Reply to
Brandon Scarbrough