Rug and matting falling apart!

My '07 ION.3 is only 7 mo. old and already the rubber matting under where my left foot sits (just above where the rug ends under the dash) has a hole in it from where my foot rests.

The rug under where the clutch is also showing signs of wear and is thinning out. I do have mats but this is occurring in the area just above the mats on the rubber sound padding where my left foot rests when I am not clutching. I've never see a new car wear like this!

I was wondering if there is anything that I can put down to reduce wear and tear, like an adhesive plastic or rubber sheet?

Thanks for any good ideas. I am under warranty, but my service dept. doesn't seem to care about this and is calling this "normal wear and tear". (sigh)

Reply to
marx404

and yes, I did cross-post this with SaturnFans and IONforums as well. Understandably I am quite upset and am looking for any constructive solutions from owners or techs who have also experienced this.

Reply to
marx404

not one reply from anyone why?

Reply to