Saturn 1999, SL2, when trying to start all power goes dead.

Vehicle runs fine. If i stop and kill the engine, when i try to start it, all power goes out. I wait a bit and the power will return, but when I try to start it, all power goes out. Nothing is on. Battery is

2 years old. I am thinking could be the battery or alternator. I'll have to push or pull to get it checked, but I wanted some opinions first. Thanks for any help.
Reply to
larryg

Check for corrosion on the battery post.

Reply to
Blah Blah

I checked and cleaned battery posts. When the power returns it is full power. strong lights.

Reply to
larryg

Found the problem! It was the bolt going into the negative side of the battery post. Thanks.

Reply to
larryg