Saturn count decremented

After a year of two Saturn ownership, my 97 SL1 is no longer a member of the firm. Turned out to be a pretty decent year. Paid $700 for the car, put in spark plugs and 3 engine mounts and got $1000 on the trade in, so I pretty much broke even on it. Put almost 14,000 miles on it during the year.

The car had been hit last summer, the door pillar was slightly bent. I had bought a couple of doors (same color!) from the bone yard. Since the pillar was bent, I did not want to put more money into it and over the past few months it started to drink engine coolant, needed tires, and the exhaust was starting to get loud. First time in my life I ever traded in a car.

FWIW, it was traded in on a new Honda Civic Hybrid for my wife, who will only drive a Honda product. She had been driving my 95 SW1 Wagon for a year since her Acura was totaled last year. On the plus side, I got my Wagon back!

-David

Reply to
David Teichholtz