Saturn Engineering Marvel

OK, I give up! Is there any way to get the inner door panel off a '99 SC2 without forcing the entire latch/lock assembly through the cutout in the door? On a "normal" car, you remove the screw that's behind the handle and the cover slips around the handle, but on this car, it looks like it's all one piece. Am I missing something?

Steve

Reply to
Steve

After removing the screw, slide that assembly forward. It'll pop out.

The lock and door release lever are connected to rods which have locking clips on them -- this is the tougher part because you don't have a heck of a lot of room to get in there and rotate the clips to remove the rods.

Once the rods are free and and the assembly is out of the way, just lift the panel upward, it will come right off provided you removed all the screws. (You may have one of those "sail panels" above the door panel, too, that has to come off first.)

Now, to get those rods back on and clipped, I've found that hooking a piece of wire around the rod and gently pulling it helps to get it back on the assembly.

Hope this was helpful.

Reply to
The Millers