saturn radio fit question -1999 or 2000

Hi, Does anybody know if radio from 2000 Saturn S-series will fit into my

1999 Saturn SC-2? My radio got stolen (smashed window did cost me much more!), but I see lot's of 2000 and up radios on Ebay. It's fine if I need to rewire the harness, but first of all I want the radio to have the right size. I see a single-CD radio with pocket under it like in this Ebay auction:
this one fit?

Thanks all.

Reply to
ymg200

What do YOU think? I think you have 5 days to find out. Actually, No. I dont think you can put a 2000 in a 99. I have a 95-99 style radio. It is incompatible apparently with everything. IE that model oem stereo component series. try checking the crutchfield website and seeing if you can find anything that will fit your car, and if so, see if the same thing will fit on a 2000.

-WAv

ymg200 wrote:

Will this one fit?>

Reply to
wavy

Wav, Do you know how different 2000 radio is from 1999? Is it wider, or higher, or deeper? When I bought my current Saturn (1999), it came with a Pioneer radio, that later got stolen. Pioneer did fit the width, but I think it was thinner than original Saturn Radio, and it was installed with the installation kit like this one:

2000 radio is smaller than 1999, I'll give it a chance. However, ifit is bigger, than there will be a trouble fitting it.Thanks.

wavy wrote:

> Will this one fit?> >

Reply to
ymg200

When I looked in the crutchfield.com website, several of the same units that fit the 1999 saturn also fit the 2000. I think if anything, the difference is the wiring connections. BTW - you can also get the wiring and dash fitting bezel for free from Crutchfield if you buy a dash unit from them.

-WaV

ymg200 wrote:

> > Will this one fit?> > >

Reply to
wavy

Wav, My concern is about the size, not wiring. I used to have a Saturn 92', and I still have the original radio from 92'. That radio does not fit into 99' car because the radio is physically wider. I don't know why would they do that!

wavy wrote:

> > > Will this one fit?> > > >

Reply to
ymg200

In 1995 the width changed. (The radio I got for my 95 will not fit my

94.) Apparently the wiring changed in 2000. An OEM 2000 radio might fit in your 1999 vehicle, but it wouldnt be fully compatible and the trim probably is different.

-WaV

ymg200 wrote:

> [...]

Reply to
wavy