2003 L200 Saturn Automatic - Is bottom right display light in dash for ATF?

I bought a used 2003 L200 without a manual. I'm getting this display light that the meaning of doesn't just jump out at me.

And has anyone had to change their transmission fluid on their own with this car? I was looking for a dipstick until I just found out on the 'net that this doesn't have one...and what looks like the transmission spot is way too far down to get at easily. So I gotta pay to have it checked?

Reply to
khuxford

The 4T40-E & 4T45-E Yeah this is one of those mickey mouse bean counter transaxles where they want you to come in and pay for servicing while saving 50 cents on a dipstick... At least it sure as hell seems that way. The car has to remain level while you take a plug out thats about 2 inches above the bottem of the pan. Located somewhere between the axle and the engine and only seen from under the car. Who's bright idea this was I'll never know. I went ahead and pulled a saturn fans link that should answer your question.

BläBlä

I forgot to specify the light I wanted to clarify: the one in the lower right of the instrument panel. It looks like a few hills with something of an arrow pointing down in the middle of it. I read somewhere else that it is about the coolant levels.

Thanks for the info and that other link. It sucks, but I want to bring it somewhere to make sure it is OK...but now I'm a little nervous that I'll just get someone about as talented as me at this particular item and they'll eff it up.

Reply to
khuxford