Radio cutting on-off ,,,,, symptoms 92 Z71

This started doing this a few weeks ago.. I had it on a FM station and the radio would just go to static.. I change stations and all were out. It would come back within in a few mins, did this for about a week. Coming back time was longer and NOW GONE Not coming back.\ Static all the time.

How do I trouble shoot this.. Is it wire or has unit gone bad? anything I can do to check..

Dave Tenn

Reply to
Fatdaddy

Probably an internal radio problem, Delco radios aren't the greatest quality. Especially the 70's, 80's and 90's era. I tried to get a used AM/FM CD to replace the same in my 1999 Z71 pickup. Everyone that I got my hands on had a CD problem like mine did. I finally got a Pioneer stereo that fits the GM opening and am now happy.

Brian

Reply to
el Diablo

My '91 did the same thing. It would work for a bit if I tapped (or smacked, depending on mood) the right hand side of the display. I just replaced it with one I found on eBay, hopefully it'll last for a while. Hey, the stocker with the equalizer actually sounds pretty nice. ;)

Reply to
SBlackfoot