2004 Tundra radio/cass/cd dead or locked?

I just purchased a radio/cassette/cd unit with factory amp from someone on eBay. The idea was to replace an aftermarket stereo which had been stolen (my truck was stolen several weeks ago and then abandonded--gutted, of course).

After a lot of research, I managed to wire in the toyota repair harness and powered up the unit. Everything looked good, it powered up fine and all of the functions were correct. Then I disconnected the main harness from the factory amp to tuck my wiring away.

When I plugged it back in, nothing happened. The only reaction I can get from the unit is when I insert a cd. It will accept a cd and eject when prompted, but it seems dead otherwise. There is no indication on the display that the security lock is in effect.

So my question is this: Am I dealing with a locked/secured unit, or did I inadvertently fry something? Anybody have experience with this?

Thanks, John

Reply to
John Hammerle