Saturnland, Wisconsin

Am I alone here, but I feel like the Chippewa Valley must have something going with its Saturn dealer. No where else I've traveled nor lived has this many Saturn's on the road. You can pass 50 or more UNIQUE ones - old Ions, SC2's, SL1's, etc. just driving to Wal-Mart, work, to McDonalds down the street. I almost wonder where the support is locally around here - no Saturn events!

Though, the market was quoted as being predominantly female, this I can agree with as 80-90% are female who drive Saturn's around here. The only model I don't see around here is the pop top sportster. Can't imagine why with 3 months for summer!

Lane, how about you?

-Life

Reply to
HyperCube33 (Life2Death)

Can't say I see a lot of Saturns in central WI, much less any that I'd consider distinctive or unique. :( But I head down to Chicago for Saturn Performance Club events every so often to get together with quite a few owners in the surrounding states. Many of them have cars that can be considered different in their own way, and are a great bunch of people who like to do unique things (autocross, road racing, driver's schools, drag racing, car shows) with their cars as well.

Heck, you're only a few hours away. You should consider checking out an event or two. Our club's annual rally is coming up in a few weeks, in fact, and we'll be on the road course at
in Joliet IL.

Later, Lane [ lane (at) evilplastic.com ]

Reply to
Lane

Ha, I would. Chicago is on my list of places that I "travel" to frequently. Or did before my car dumped its transmission, and front end.

So there went my budget to fix my car up. The previous owner beat the crap out of it. I need a new headliner, sunroof, new side mirrors, a sun visor, front emblem, probably a front bumper as it has a huge hole in it and a crack that gets bigger every winter, the spoiler needs to be replaced, I need to polish and wax my car, fix my scratched windshield...then the brakes are shot in front too.

If I had more money and time I'd replace all of the above with better than stock if possible, (no airplane wings for my car though, if anyone thinks that!) and then upgrade my cars exhaust system, as it already needs that too I'd bet.

I'm actually desperate enough to look into a newer SC2 or god forbid, finance an ION II 2005 in Dragonfly Green.

However, if you know of any Saturn event that needs a photographer, I'm in!

Reply to
HyperCube33 (Life2Death)

You don't have to have a tricked out modified car to come to an SPC event. We've had guys come to the Rally who didn't even bring a car.

Photographers are always welcome at our events - the more pictures we get, the less chance of missing something, and everyone has a different style, which makes for some very cool pictures.

Kevin from the Saturn Performance Club

Reply to
Kevin

Reply to
HyperCube33 (Life2Death)

Our upcoming Rally event schedule is on the club website at

Only a week to go! If any of it interests you, drop an e-mail to Kevin at his addr in the previous message, or send a message from the website. One prime event for photos is our day at Autobahn Country Club. Misc photographers on the road course have given me some outstanding photos such as these:
Hope you can consider it!