The perfect road!

Well, near perfect anyway.
Virtually untraveled 2 lane highway with lots of curves, and a few
straight stretches.
With my car I get a little extra push at about 2700rpm, and in 3rd gear
that's just where I'm at when I come out of most of the curves on this
road. Ready to hit it and feel the joy! A couple of the straight
stretches are long enough to go into 4th, and some of the curves are
sharp enough where I need to shift down into 2nd. But for the most part
I can just leave it in 3rd and enjoy the ride!
Reply to
Sunset Sam
*sigh*
and just where IS this perfect stretch of road?
Kate
| Well, near perfect anyway. | | Virtually untraveled 2 lane highway with lots of curves, and a few | straight stretches. | With my car I get a little extra push at about 2700rpm, and in 3rd gear | that's just where I'm at when I come out of most of the curves on this | road. Ready to hit it and feel the joy! A couple of the straight | stretches are long enough to go into 4th, and some of the curves are | sharp enough where I need to shift down into 2nd. But for the most part | I can just leave it in 3rd and enjoy the ride! |
Reply to
SVTKate
in someone's dreams..... ; ) Goes along with, where in the USofA can you legally take a Viper out of third gear?
Hey! Spikey Likes IT! 1965 Ford Mustang fastback 2+2 A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior Vintage 40 Wheels 16X8" w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A Radial 225/50ZR16
Reply to
Spike
I think most everyone has a memory of this perfect stretch of road. For me it could be Perth Church Road or Shearers Chapel Road in Iredell County, North Carolina.
Reply to
John
I can think of a couple.... The Pacific Coast Highway/Rte 1/101 from about Santa Cruz north, and the coast highway in Okinawa in an MG Midget flat out. Of course a deuce and a half on the highways between Cantho Province in the Mekong Delta and Saigon was filled with excitement...... now that was a rush!!!!
Hey! Spikey Likes IT! 1965 Ford Mustang fastback 2+2 A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior Vintage 40 Wheels 16X8" w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A Radial 225/50ZR16
Reply to
Spike
On Thu, 3 Feb 2005 07:40:00 -0500, "JohnW" wrote:
Where is Patuxent Road? I tried to find it on Mapquest, but it wants more info. What town(s) does it go through. If it's along the Patuxent River, it can't be too far from Alexandria, VA.
John H
On the 'PocoLoco' out of Deale, MD, on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!
"Divide each difficulty into as many parts as is feasible and necessary to resolve it." Rene Descartes
Reply to
JohnH
Sounds like the Blue Ridge Parkway without cops!
John H
On the 'PocoLoco' out of Deale, MD, on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!
"Divide each difficulty into as many parts as is feasible and necessary to resolve it." Rene Descartes
Reply to
JohnH
Try either Odenton or Crofton, in Maryland.
Of course, much have it has been developed at this point...
Reply to
JohnW
On Thu, 3 Feb 2005 14:19:38 -0500, "JohnW" wrote:
Looks good. I'll try it. I'm always looking for some nice motorcycle trips close to home. That road looks like it would be nice.
Thanks.
Oh, I'll take the Mustang out there too!
John H
On the 'PocoLoco' out of Deale, MD, on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!
"Divide each difficulty into as many parts as is feasible and necessary to resolve it." Rene Descartes
Reply to
JohnH
WITHOUT the cops? has that ever happened in real life?
On Thu, 03 Feb 2005 14:03:56 -0500, JohnH wrote:
Hey! Spikey Likes IT! 1965 Ford Mustang fastback 2+2 A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior Vintage 40 Wheels 16X8" w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A Radial 225/50ZR16
Reply to
Spike
In N.Y. you have Rt. 218 that runs through West Point which runs along the Hudson river, Rt.97, a section called the Hawks Nest is rather nice... It runs along the Delaware River. Rt. 44/55 running through Orange county. Rt.23 which runs through northern N.J. A couple of really nice roads near New Paltz that run through a state park and the famous Mohonk Mountain House. Plenty of roads that are great for cars as well a motorcycles.
Reply to
RSCamaro
LOL! I can see it now. John goes out for a nice run on his favorite piece of highway and sees Mustangs all over the place.
Kate
| Try either Odenton or Crofton, in Maryland. |
| | Of course, much have it has been developed at this point... | |
| > On Thu, 3 Feb 2005 07:40:00 -0500, "JohnW" | > | > >Patuxent Road, Anne Arundel County Maryland... | > > | > Where is Patuxent Road? I tried to find it on Mapquest, but it wants | > more info. What town(s) does it go through. If it's along the Patuxent | > River, it can't be too far from Alexandria, VA. | > | > John H | > | > On the 'PocoLoco' out of Deale, MD, | > on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay! | > | > "Divide each difficulty into as many parts as is feasible and necessary to | resolve it." | > Rene Descartes | |
Reply to
SVTKate
Oh Man... Now you're talking something I have done. *sigh* The drive to Eureka is phenominal.
Kate
|I can think of a couple.... The Pacific Coast Highway/Rte 1/101 from | about Santa Cruz north, and the coast highway in Okinawa in an MG | Midget flat out. Of course a deuce and a half on the highways between | Cantho Province in the Mekong Delta and Saigon was filled with | excitement...... now that was a rush!!!! | | On Thu, 3 Feb 2005 06:52:41 -0500, "John" | | >I think most everyone has a memory of this perfect stretch of road. For me | >it could be Perth Church Road or Shearers Chapel Road in Iredell County, | >North Carolina. | > | >> in someone's dreams..... ; ) Goes along with, where in the USofA can | >> you legally take a Viper out of third gear? | >> | >>>*sigh* | >>> | >>>and just where IS this perfect stretch of road? | | Hey! Spikey Likes IT! | 1965 Ford Mustang fastback 2+2 A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok | Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior | Vintage 40 Wheels 16X8" | w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A Radial 225/50ZR16
Reply to
SVTKate
Calif RT1 from Point Reyes station down the coast to the intersection of us 101. Thats as far as I been on the coastal highway. Great ride especially around Stinson beach.
Dave
Reply to
Deputy Dog
I think the road from Monterey to Big Sur is more eye-popping than SF to SC (and pretty empty before noon). Tight curves, long curves, cliffs, rocks, ocean. Probably everyone has seen the slender white curved bridge before. It's in many TV commercials.

-John
Reply to
Generic
The couple I sold the 66 FB to wants to come up when he has it finished and make the coast drive Canada to Mexico. I haven't told them about the 65FB, so when they show, after the surprise, we may make it a two car trip.
South of Eureka is Fortuna, where every year they have a BIG classic car meet among all the Victorian homes, etc.
And leaving out of Fortuna, you enter the Lost Coast region (where the coast highway cuts inland around a big chunk of coast) on the way to a place called Oildale. Two lane, mostly paved, seldom used, up into the fog one minute, and down into a lush green valley the next.
Hey! Spikey Likes IT! 1965 Ford Mustang fastback 2+2 A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior Vintage 40 Wheels 16X8" w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A Radial 225/50ZR16
Reply to
Spike
I sorta like the turnpike going through Syracuse.... but only for the free deer meat courtesy of those 18 wheelers... LOL
Going from NYC north there are some nice coastal stretches, but it gets really fantastic along the Maine coast and over to Campabello area, the up the river along the Canadian border, especially in the fall.
On Fri, 04 Feb 2005 02:03:44 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (RSCamaro) wrote:
Hey! Spikey Likes IT! 1965 Ford Mustang fastback 2+2 A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior Vintage 40 Wheels 16X8" w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A Radial 225/50ZR16
Reply to
Spike
Out west there was a stretch of road if I rmember correctly it was highway 4. It went from the valley up to Angels Camp.
Out here, nowhere so far. Haven't really had an opportunity to look around much. That and the other drivers kind of give me the heebie jeebies. You can be approaching a turn and find the oncoming car in your lane heading right at you. That and the TST every 1/4 mile.
This spring I hope to get her out a bit and look around.
Kate
| "So where do -you- like to fish?" | | > LOL! | > I can see it now. | > John goes out for a nice run on his favorite piece of highway and sees | > Mustangs all over the place. | > | > Kate | >
| > | Try either Odenton or Crofton, in Maryland. | > | | >
| > | | > | Of course, much have it has been developed at this point... | > | | > |
| > | > | > | > >Patuxent Road, Anne Arundel County Maryland... | > | > > | > | > Where is Patuxent Road? I tried to find it on Mapquest, but it wants | > | > more info. What town(s) does it go through. If it's along the Patuxent | > | > River, it can't be too far from Alexandria, VA. | > | > | > | > John H | > | > | > | > On the 'PocoLoco' out of Deale, MD, | > | > on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay! | > | > | > | > "Divide each difficulty into as many parts as is feasible and necessary | > to | > | resolve it." | > | > Rene Descartes | > | | > | | > | > | | | -- | Wound Up | ThunderSnake #65 |
Reply to
SVTKate

Site Timeline Threads