SL2 woes.

Hi guys,

I have a 94 SL2. The problem is I think I am having electrical problems. for some weird reason, the engine will skip a beat intermentally. Like as if no electricity is going to the spark plugs (for a split second here and there)? It seems to get worse when it is wet outside? But then sometime it runs fine. Also I noticed that there are a lot of wire insulation that seems to be disentegrating from the automatic transmission electrical connector. I have noticed that it seems to be wet down there? Is there anything that could possibly destroy electrial wire insulation? I don't have the money to can the car yet, i am a college student any advise?

Thanks.

-manuel

Reply to
meloyellowjr

[...]

The first thing I would do is replace the sparkplug wires with a good quality set. Be sure to look at the towers on the coil packs when you replace the wires. Check for corrosion on the towers. Be sure to use some dialectric grease on wire ends to prevent corrosion in the future.

James

Reply to
James1549

I'll second the recommendation on plug wires; I had to replace them on '99 SC2 (the shock when I touched one was a dead giveaway). Also, if you see frayed insulation on signal wires, get some GOOD electrical tape (3m Scotch Super 33+) and wrap the wires to prevent any ground shorts that could cause strange behavior when wet.

Steve

Reply to
Steve