93 saturn SL2 ABS woes

I have an annoying abs problem... My abs passes initial startup tests, but as soon as I get over 15MPH the abs light comes on..Here are a few things that I have noticed:

  1. The brakes do make the acuatating clunk noise when i first accelerate

  1. I have cleaned all 4 wire connections to the sensors

  2. have replaced the front wheel sensors with brand new ones; so maybe one of the rear sensors is bad?? (I hope not)I had no front wheel sensors for about a week, and the abs light didn't light didn't turn on until about 35mph, but after replacing the two front sensors the light clicks on immediatley after about 15mph..

  1. i haven't noticed any flucuations in power, I have replaced the battery with a brand new one, battery connections are all clean....

  2. i tried disconnecting the battery , and the mini-fuses/maxifuses in attempt to reset the diagnostic computer.....

  1. i have noticed that sometimes taking the car through the car wash, will temporairly eliminate the problem.....seems weird to me

any ideas are appreciated......

as a a last resort,anyone have any good recommendations for an obd scanner for this car??/

THANKS,

CHAD

Reply to
mrrunnerdude

heres an update:

I bought an obd scanner, it spit out error codes 81(abs communication fault) and 26(quad module fault)

Reply to
mrrunnerdude

I have a 93 sl2 and the rear wire ABS section that goes between chassis and rear wheel had a bad wire, in a bad wire i mean the wire was of poor grade wire inside of the insulation i pealed the insulation and the wire inside was coroded throug out the entire length of that piece of wire I picked up another one at salage yard , hope this helps !

Reply to
justastreekin

Reply to
mrrunnerdude

I replaced the wire and no more abs problems yet....

Reply to
mrrunnerdude