Thinking of buying a used 2002 VUE - Need Your Advice!

Okay, here's what I need help with:
This car has no power package and I am just wondering if anyone out there has the same and if they regret that purchase. I have kids, so
I am thinking it would be really difficult getting the back doors open while only having outdoor access to the locks from the driver and passenger doors.
Now this is strange: There are two interior colours!!! Is this normal? It is grey coloured to the top of the seats, then the roof area inside is TAN! I can e-mail you a picture if you are confused. It looks so weird!
Another weird thing: The previous owner had the bumpers painted to match the car (silver), but there's a little patch of unpainted area on the rear doors. I am guessing that either they could not be painted because they were a different material or the paint has come off. Has anyone seen a VUE that had the bumpers painted? It matches really good right now, but I am wondering if it will start to wear over time.
The VUE is very cheap looking on the inside, but it's so spacious (love that I can fit two baby car seats and still flip the right hand rear seat down) and we really love how it handles, so I can overlook that ugliness. It's a 4 cyl so it's a little underpowered, but it's also a 5 speed, so it's a little peppier on the hills than AUTO. We really need something value-priced and fairly safe and reliable for the family, and seems quite ideal for us.
Any advice you may have on the 2002 VUE would be much appreciated.
Thanks, Paula
BE Careful, It sounds like a repair job. Plastic bumpers & paint usually do not mix well.
Size wize we have one here in chicago & love it. We don't have "power", but can easily reach across & back to unlock the door to get our 5 month old.
Don't count on two car seats & flipping down the seat. One Cosco seat is a bit big & the fold down seat hits the carseat base.
The 4cyl/5sp is great here in Chicago, don't worry about sluggish performance.
-Sean 2003 VUE

I have seen many Vues that have the bumpers painted to match the outer colour. It is done at the dealers.
I agree, I don't think it will last long, it'll start to chip and flake off.