transmission licking

i got saturn sl1 1996... got lick on transmission .. thought it was little lick ...i crank the car bout to buy fluid ..someone told me to look under... i can see it was licking faster than i thought..its not licking when its park only when you crank it....it is licking close to where you you check how much much fluid you got by the stcik.. anyway....i got a dodge caravan which my man change everything ... oil transmission motor oil...everything thats wrong with it he fix it.....now back to my saturn he look at it and the way the tranmission set up was different ...he wanna know how many screw on it..so he can pull it out and seal it if he had to... do anybody had a picture of the transmission so he can figure how to take it out and hopely fix it....please help me

Reply to
vita via CarKB.com

You can get a handy Chilton or Haynes manual from any auto store, should show what you need and how to do it. Meanwhile I would suggest to refrain from licking the transmission, you might get your tongue dirty and it doesn't taste too good either. (sorry, jk lmao).

Reply to
marx404

The word you are looking for is "leaking" not licking. The Saturn uses a TAAT automatic transmission and yes, it is very different from a traditional auto trans with a large pan and gasket on the bottom side. The TAAT is actually two pieces that are sealed vertically, not horizontally! You may be able to find a picture or diagrams if you use a search engine on the "Saturn TAAT" acronym. You may also try looking/asking in Saturn Fans at:

Good luck

Bob

Reply to
Bob Shuman

Good catch there Bob. More folks that do not have English as a primary language should try babelfish or a similar translator service. Not great for some of the idioms but the price is right (vs a paid service).

Then again, I was reading a post by a Brit who was referring to a torch. Most of the readers were thinking torch as in acetylene when he was meaning 'flashlight'. Oppie

Reply to
Oppie