Vue

Well we had an exciting problem with a Vue at the apartment complex where I live last night. About 2 AM the horn starts sounding. It wakes me up. At first I am worried it is one of my cars, so I get dressed and walk out to look. Not my cars, and I can't really tell where the noise is coming from, so I go back to bed - brieflly. Damn horn is so annoying that I can't sleep. Finally I get up again and go out. There is a crowd clustered around a Vue a few doors down. The Vue is owned by a young gril who has a bunch of guys trying to help her. Total lack of knowledge and tools, so nothing is happening. One guy is under the dash pulling fuses. The cover is off the battery, but no one has a tool to disconnect the cables. No lights, but at least I know where the underhood fuse box is. I uncover that and start pulling fuses. No luck. Finally we notice one realy is really hot. We pull that and mercifully the horn stops. I still don't know what was wrong, but at least I got back to sleep (after the ringing in my ears quit).

Has anyone had this happen before? I wonder what might happen to my Vue if it had this problem when I am out of town. The crowd around the other Vue was getting pretty angry. I suspect if the owner had not been available, they might have taken drastic measures (and I mean break something major).

Ed White

Reply to
C. E. White

I recently had a customer with a '05 VUE whose horn / alarm became posessed at the oddest times, some kinda electrical malfunction. Not sure what it was, but the shop was able to fix it once they were able to identify the culprit. Once in a blue moon, VUEs and especially IONs will get a ghost in the electrical system.

marx404

Reply to
marx404

Was it humid that night? My 2 guesses, BCM or Relay.

Reply to
Blah Blah