Vue goes belly up

Well, it happened. My Son was driving the Vue last night when the transmission (VTi) went belly up. The only two functions that work are Park and Neutral. Placing it into forward or reverse does nothing (no bad noises either). Fortunately GM extended the warranty on the transmission to 75,000 miles. The Saturn dealer seemed very familiar with the problem and said it would be a couple of days unless they had a new transmission in stock. Has anyone else had their VTi transmission replaced. If so, did it operate differently?

Regards,

Ed White

Reply to
C. E. White

I trust VTi's about as much as I trust timing belts... Likely the belt finally desided to give out. Thats why you're not getting any bad noises, none to make with no contact. The belt serves no function in park or neutral.

Reply to
blah blah