42LE trans wiring

1st gen LH, 42LE trans. it's in limp-in mode. getting code for the output speed sensor. went ahead and changed it since its cheap. changed fluid and filter, cleared codes but still in limp mode. need to check signal to the sensor and ground. both wires to it come from the TCM. but, i cant find any info on the signal IN. is it 12 volts? 5 volts? is it a constant signal or a pulse? need to find out what to look for.

Alldata also tells me there's a fuse for the TCM in the power distribution center, but there doesn't appear to be.

Reply to
rob

ok my Chilton's manual of all things, actually told me it's a min 4 volt signal. and resistance below 5.0 ohms. I never did find it in alldata.

We'll see what this leads up to from here.

Reply to
rob

I had a harness problem with my 1993 Voyager. The transmission shop had to re-crimp all the connectors on the transmission end to solve the problem. in order to correct the problem. If you could have a trans shop scan the transmission it might save you some time.

KM

Reply to
KirkM

i'll be looking for signal and ground to the sensor tonight. but i am hearing some weird noises in park and reverse, and one day last week i had some issues with putting it in park and the car still trying to move forward a little bit. so i think there's some hard part damage.

I had a harness problem with my 1993 Voyager. The transmission shop had to re-crimp all the connectors on the transmission end to solve the problem. in order to correct the problem. If you could have a trans shop scan the transmission it might save you some time.

KM

Reply to
rob

You are right. It sounds like you have a hard part failure.

KM

Reply to
KirkM