Vue suspension rattle/creaking...

Hi -

Have an '06 Vue, 4cyl with ~30K on it. Recently, the front drivers side suspension started creaking/moaning when the car is 'racked' ( as when turning off a parking lot apron at an angle) Seems to do it mostly on left turns. Also, when driving on bumpy roads, (esp. patched pothole bumps, gravel parking lots and the such) a quick rattling from the same area occurs. The creaking/moaning sounds like an old pick-up with rusty leaf springs or something. (Sorry, trying to give as much info as possible)

I know it's under warranty, however, last summer the large franchise (DCH) that owned "Saturn of Medford" (Long Island) decided that the offer they got for the property was worth more than keeping that dealership open, leaving

1/2 of a 120 mile long island without a dealer. As I live on the east end, I have to travel to the opposite end of the island to try to get service there, and I can't afford to have them say they don't here it or some BS like that, thereby wasting an entire day for me, so I want to be armed with some info. The sad thing is I'm relatively happy with the car, but I would NEVER have bought the car had I known I would be left flat 6 months after the purchase. I just hope someone opens another dealer out here before my extended warranty is up.

Anyway, TIA for any info...

Reply to
<IYM>

As a follow-up, I did find out today while googling an obscure newsday article that mentions a new saturn dealer opening up in April about mid-Long Island (St James area, for those who live in the area) At least that's some good news...Although if someone could answer my original post when time permits, I'd be grateful....

IYM

Reply to
<IYM>

My sister lives in St. James and told me about this a couple weeks ago. Hopefully this is the beginning of a Saturn turnaround. I'm in Nassau and haven't been too pleased with the 2 dealers that are left here. I'll probably try Hicksville next, which I think is only a service dept.

Re: your suspension noise - fwiw, I have an '03 that starts creaking/ squeaking every so often. I just douche all the rubber bushings with some good quality silicone spray and it's usually good for a few months. Not sure about the rattling though.

Reply to
Chuck

Think the word you were looking for is 'douse'. My very fertile imagination went terribly wrong when I read your usage...

Just my $0.02 worth

Reply to
Oppie

wrote in news:10ace$45f69d1a$c1df513$ snipped-for-privacy@newspilot.multikabel.net:

Had this happen twice so far on my '05 Vue. Both times were bushings in the front end. This last time was caliper pin bushings but I think the first time it was some other ones. Fixed both times under warranty.

JohnS

Reply to
HomeR

Had a feeling it was bushings, but I shouldn't have to "douche " (as the other poster suggested - heh) them while it's under warranty. I guess I'll have to do that when it no longer is, but it's their job now - As soon as the dealer opens next month. Guess I can live with it until then.

Thanks again to all.

IYM

Reply to
<IYM>