Fwd suspension noises--why?

When I make sharp turns such as backing up in parking lots, my front end makes creaking and clunking sounds but drives well otherwise. I've also
noticed slight cupping patterns on my front wheel treads.
What's wrong? What can I do to fix it? Will a "regular" front end repair shop do as well as a dealer repair?
I have a 1991 Toyota XCab Pickup, 22RE, 5spd stick, 133000+ miles so far.
Thanks in advance for any advice.
-- I am using the free version of SPAMfighter for private users. It has removed 56 spam emails to date. Paying users do not have this message in their emails. Try www.SPAMfighter.com for free now!
sounds like your steer stops have popped off... order new ones... or get a grease gun and keep em lubed up
| When I make sharp turns such as backing up in parking lots, my front end | makes creaking and clunking sounds but drives well otherwise. I've also | noticed slight cupping patterns on my front wheel treads. | | What's wrong? What can I do to fix it? Will a "regular" front end repair | shop do as well as a dealer repair? | | I have a 1991 Toyota XCab Pickup, 22RE, 5spd stick, 133000+ miles so far.
Go here for info and pictorial: http://www.4x4wire.com/toyota/maintenance/front_end/lube /
Jarhead
"We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion...Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." -John Adams